- Fry the diced onion in the butter and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil until soft but not coloured.
- Combine the mince, egg, cooked onion, tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce, Scotch Bonnet Sauce and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into 6 equal parts and shape into patties by hand or using a ring mould.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan and when hot place the burger patties in the pan, searing 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a pre-heated baking tray and cook for 5 mins in an oven pre-heated to 180°C.
- Enjoy in a burger bun with an optional extra shake of Whisky Bonnet Sauce or Scotch Whisky Sauce on top.
Made with our fiery and rich Scotch Bonnet Sauce, these are the kind of burgers you’ll brave gale force winds to barbeque.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 500g lean beef steak mince
- 1 large egg
- 50g butter
- 100g finely diced onion
- 15g dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 tsp Whisky Bonnet Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil