- 8 old hot cross buns (also works with slightly stale sourdough, fruit bread or panettone)
- 2 large handfuls of sultanas
- 1/2 a bottle of Scotch Whisky Butterscotch Sauce
- 250g of custard
- Brown sugar sprinkled on top
- Slice the ‘bread’ and place in an oven proof dish in overlapping rows.
- Liberally sprinkle over the sultanas (this step may be skipped if using fruit bread).
- Mix the Whisky Butterscotch Sauce and custard together until fully blended and then pour over the bread and fruit and sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top.
- Cover the dish in foil and place in main oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins. After 20 mins, carefully remove the foil and put the pudding back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.