- Slice the ‘bread’ and place in an oven proof dish in overlapping rows.
Liberally sprinkle over the sultanas (this step may be skipped if using fruit bread).
- Mix the Whisky Butterscotch Sauce and custard together until fully blended and then pour over the bread and fruit and sprinkle a little brown sugar over the top.
- Cover the dish in foil and place in main oven at 180 degrees for 20 mins. After 20 mins, carefully remove the foil and put the pudding back in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Burns Night Haggis Fritters
Here is a wee dish which provides a great way of serving your haggis. Alternatively if you have leftovers it help get them eaten up! If you are entertaining try this recipe as little “Burn’s Bites” and roll the mix into balls about 2 inches in diameter and bake off as for the Fritters. Splash on plenty of Whisky Sauce!
- 1 medium egg
- 2 large Potatoes
- Haggis to serve 4
- 1/2 small Turnip
- 4 tablespoons Whisky Sauce/Scotch Bonnet Whisky Sauce-the latter for a spicier flavour