- Place milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until you have a pale colour and cream-like consistency.
- Slowly pour the boiled milk into the bowl, mixing gently to combine. Return to the pan and cook gently, stirring continuously until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Add the Whisky Butterscotch sauce, whisking to combine well.
Let the mix cool then place into the fridge to chill.
- Once chilled place in a freezer. After 1 hour, take the mixture out and whisk. Repeat 2 or 3 times until the mixture has frozen into ice cream.
Butterscotch Ice Cream
One scoop of this heavenly ice cream is never enough. Top with macadamia nuts, shortbread, or warmed with the award winning Scotch Whisky Butterscotch.
Ingredients (Makes 4-6)
- 135g Scotch Whisky Butterscotch
- 250ml full fat milk
- 250ml double cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar