- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F) Gas Mark 3.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, salt and butter into a food processor and beat on slow speed until everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk, egg and vanilla extract together, and pour half into the flour mixture, and beat to combine then pour in the remaining milk mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until risen. Leave to cool for about 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- For the topping, place the butter into a food processor and beat until fluffy, add the icing sugar gradually and then add the Scotch Whisky Chocolate Sauce. Be careful not to overmix. If you feel the icing is too runny, add more icing sugar.
Chocolate Whisky Cupcakes
We love a cupcake at Whisky Sauce, and together with our friends at Historic Scotland we have rolled up our sleeves and prepare a big batch of whisky inspired cupcakes that are really easy to make, taste delish and look.
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- 75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 250g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Whisky Sauce Chocolate Sauce