- 2 lbs. venison stew meat
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bottle of scotch whisky sauce
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Season stew meat with pepper, oregano, and garlic powder. Dust with flour.
- Heat oil in large casserole. Sauté meat until browned.
- Add garlic, onions, carrots, bay leaf, Scotch Whisky Sauce, and broth. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until venison is tender.
- Add potatoes and cook another 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Mix cornstarch with an equal amount of water. Stir into stew until mixture has thickened.