- Preheat the grill to high. Line the rack in the grill pan with foil and spread the oatmeal over the foil. Toast under the grill for about 3 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the oatmeal is golden. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Put the cream and fromage frais in a bowl and whip together until thick. Stir in the honey and the Scotch Whisky Butterscotch, then fold in 4 tbsp of the toasted oatmeal.
- Reserve a few raspberries for the decoration. Layer the remaining raspberries with the cream mixture in 4 glass serving dishes, starting with raspberries and ending with a layer of the cream mixture.
- Decorate each dessert with a sprinkling of the remaining 1 tbsp toasted oatmeal and the reserved raspberries. Serve immediately (or keep in the fridge for up to 1 hour before serving).
For those who like dessert, we suggest a Raspberry Cranachan, another traditional Scottish dish that is usually served in flute bowl. It’s a dish not only for Burns Night, but is perfect for nice summer days.
- 5 tbsp porridge oats
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) whipping cream
- 150 g (5 ½ oz) fromage frais
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp Scotch Whisky Butterscotch
- 400 g (14 oz) raspberries