Ready in 20mins (prep: 1hr 10mins)
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500g lean beef steak mince
- 1 large egg
- 50g butter
- 100g finely diced onion
- 15g dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 tsp Whisky Bonnet Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Fry the diced onion in the butter and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil until soft but not coloured.
- Combine the mince, egg, cooked onion, tomato sauce, Tabasco sauce, Scotch Bonnet Sauce and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide into 6 equal parts and shape into patties by hand or using a ring mould.
- Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan and when hot place the burger patties in the pan, searing 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to a pre-heated baking tray and cook for 5 mins in an oven pre-heated to 180°C.
- Enjoy in a burger bun with an optional extra shake of Whisky Bonnet Sauce or Scotch Whisky Sauce on top.