500g lean beef steak mince
1 large egg
100g finely diced onion
15g dry breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
6 Soft rolls
Whisky BBQ Sauce
1. Fry the diced onion in the butter and 1 tbsp of vegetable oil until soft but not coloured.
2. Combine the mince, egg, cooked onion and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide into 6 equal parts and shape into patties by hand or using a ring mould.
4. Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan and when hot place the burger patties in the pan, searing 1 minute per side.
5. Transfer to a pre-heated baking tray and cook for 5 mins in an oven pre-heated to 180°C.
6. Fry the black pudding in a little oil, about 4 minutes each side.
7. Spread a soft roll with Crowdie cheese top and bottom. Add the burger, black pudding and Whisky BBQ sauce on top.