Ready in 15mins
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 150g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp Scotch Whisky Syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 150ml milk
- Oil for greasing pan
- Pinch of salt
- Raspberries (optional)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the caster sugar, bicarbonate of soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir in the Scotch Whisky Syrup.
- Beat together the milk and egg in a separate bowl and pour into the batter mix. Stir until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased pan and drop 2 dessert spoonfuls of pancake mix to form rounds of 10cm.
- Cook on a medium heat until bubbles appear on the surface and the underside is golden brown.
- Flip pancakes and cook until browned. Serve with raspberries and lashings of Scotch Whisky Syrup.