Ready in 4hrs 20mins
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 135g Scotch Whisky Butterscotch
- 250ml full fat milk
- 250ml double cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- Place milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until you have a pale colour and cream-like consistency.
- Slowly pour the boiled milk into the bowl, mixing gently to combine. Return to the pan and cook gently, stirring continuously until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Add the Whisky Butterscotch sauce, whisking to combine well.
Let the mix cool then place into the fridge to chill.
- Once chilled place in a freezer. After 1 hour, take the mixture out and whisk. Repeat 2 or 3 times until the mixture has frozen into ice cream.