- Pre-heat oven to 190°C (fan oven) mark 6.
- Place the sliced haggis in the microwave, covered, cook for 4 minutes, break up with a fork and then continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Once it’s cooked allow to cool.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
Open out the filo and cut sheets in half to form 12 square. Cover the pastry with a damp tea towel just to stop it from drying out until you are ready to use it.
Take 1 sheet of the filo pastry and brush with the melted butter. Cover the sheet almost to the edges.
- Place the next layer on at an angle, repeat the last step and again until there are three layers. The top layer does not require melted butter brushed on it.
Take a large spoonful of the cooled haggis and place in the centre of the filo sheets.
- Pinch together the pastry sheets to cover the haggis (making a parcel).
- Open out the edges and brush with melted butter to brown the pastry.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Then place in the middle of a pre-heated oven and cook for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Once cooled serve with Whisky Sauce for dipping.
Whisky Haggis Parcels
This burns night why not entertain with some delicious haggis canapés and a wee sweet treat, washed down with our signature whisky cocktail. We’ve put together some recipes incorporating traditional Scottish fair with our own whisky twist.
- 50g butter
- Jus-Rol 6 Filo pastry sheets 270g
- Macsween traditional haggis 454g (serves 2-3)
- Whisky Original Sauce