- Put the gelatin leaves into cold water to soften.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar in a separate bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Heat the double cream in a pan with the orange zest, once warm, add to the egg mixture, then pour back into the pan, stirring continuously until a light custard consistency is reached.
- Remove from the heat, then add the cocoa powder and a bottle of our delicious chocolate sauce.
- Dissolve the gelatin into the mix and allow to chill for 10 minutes, then whisk using a hand mixer to create bubbles.
- Chill for at least two hours, and serve with orange segments
Chocolate Whisky Sauce and Orange Mousse
This is the perfect chocolate mousse for the run up to Christmas - it uses our new chocolate sauce in conjunction with freshly zested orange and lashings of double cream.
Ingredients (Makes 4-6)
- 20g cocoa powder
- ½ orange zest
- 30g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 300ml double cream
- 2 gelatin leaves
- 145g Scotch Whisky Chocolate